SilkenFest 2020 has unfortunately been Canceled and moved to 2021 (more info will be posted soon)
The 2020 International Silken Windhound Society National Specialty
Conformation held at the Hotel RL in Olympia, Washington and Performance Events held at the Tacoma Polo Club in Roy, Washington
Hotel & RV Accommodations
Make your reservation today!
- Central Reservations: 1-800-733-5466 and reference the group code: SILK2020
- Hotel Direct: 360-943-4000 and reference the group name/code: Silkenfest 2020/SILK2020
- Direct Web Link: https://www.redlion.com/create-booking?property=6116 (If you book through the direct web link, do not select the “Pets” option, the discounted pet fee will be added at check-in.)
- The price per night is $109 per night (+tax) with a one time charge of $50 for all dogs in the room (Max 4 people and 4 dogs per room).
- There is also a breakfast option available at a discounted rate of $12 per person per day, which is half the standard rate.
- We have one wing of the hotel dedicated to our party with easy access to outside lawns to walk the dogs.
- Contact Hotel RL directly at 360-943-4000 and press “0” to speak to the front desk. You must speak to the front desk because their regular reservation line does not handle RV reservations.
- Ask to speak to someone who can make an RV reservation and use the code Silkenfest 2020/SILK2020
- There are 8 water and electric spots available for the Group rate of $65 per night.
- There are additional electric only spots for $50 per night and there may be other water and electric spots available for the standard $75 per night rate.
- These spots can accommodate RV’s up to 35 feet long.
Alternative RV Camping
For larger RVs or if the Hotel RL is full (15 minute drive):
American Heritage Campground
Website and Map/Directions
9610 Kimmie St SW
Olympia, WA 98512
Dogs are welcome. Please see rates and rules for more information.
Click image for full size
Wednesday June 10th– Arrive at the host hotel, settle in, bathe dogs, catch up with friends and meet new ones. The following three days all activities will be held at the Hotel RL.
Thursday June 11th– The fun begins with Rally/ Obedience in the morning and health testing. After lunch is Puppy and Veteran Sweepstakes. We wrap up the day with the Welcome Party! There will be plenty of food and a no host bar. In addition there will be shopping! Several of our amazing artists will have tables with things to purchase.
Friday June 12th– will be the first day of the National Specialty. Given how our numbers have grown we have split the show into 2 days. Altered, Veterans, Puppies, and Males will show today. In the late afternoon evening we will offer a seminar/talk.
Saturday June 13th– will be the second day of the Specialty. We will have the Juniors show followed by Bitches, Best of Breed and the non-regular classes (Brace, Stud Dog, Brood Bitch). We plan to have the ISWS Annual Meeting after the show. We encourage all members to attend. We finish off our days of showing with our Silent auction and Banquet.
Sunday June 14th– We move our activities to the Tacoma Polo Fields in Roy. We will have LGRA straight racing during the day and a seminar back at the hotel.
Monday June 15th– We will have our NOTRA oval meet and free time after to decompress and have a free evening with friends.
Tuesday June 16th– We wrap up SilkenFest with our ASFA lure coursing trial.
|SilkenFest National Co-Chairs – Iola Stetson & Lorraine Strawn|
|Performance Co-Chairs – Karen Sanders & Tammy Mills|
|LGRA Chair – Karen Sanders & Tammy Mills|
|ASFA Chair – Lori Silvestri|
|NOTRA Chair – Karen Sanders & Tammy Mills|
|UKC Obedience/Rally Chair – Keith Hicks|
|UKC Obedience/Rally Secretary – Julie Lechuga|
|Show Secretary – Holly Reynolds|
|Conformation Ring Steward – Julie Lechuga|
|Ribbons/Rosettes/Medallions – Jerilynn Adin Safran|
|Trophies/Judge’s Gifts – Valerie Bright & Iola Stetson|
|Auction/Fundraising – J Vookles|
|Grounds – Charles Hof|
|Health Testing – Alison Brendel, DVM|
|Publicity – Valerie Bright|
|Hospitality – Lori Madsen-Idsinga|
|Hotel Liaison – Hillary Tregillus & Iola Stetson|
|Seminars/ Vendor Fair – Iola Stetson & Hillary Tregillus|
|Banquet – J Vookles|
|Website – Nic & Charliann Cross, Valerie Bright|
|Logo/Apparel – Pauline & Kelly Ng|